Sr Malinda Gerke
Sister Malinda Gerke is a member of the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. She spent most of her life as a professional music teacher and liturgist.
Malinda is currently promoting the traditional healing ministry of the congregation by providing harp therapy in hospitals, nursing homes and hospice situations in the greater La Crosse area.
The harp used for these recordings was built by Lyon and Healy Harp Company of Chicago , Illinois, during the late 1890’s. It was purchased by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in 1900, and has become part of the heritage of the community. The instrument, a Style 22 gold concert harp, was re-built and completely restored in 1997 by Lyon and Healy and is again being used for religious services and concerts at St. Rose Convent in La Crosse, Wisconsin.